About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Sunday 19 December 2010

Trail shoes required I think.

What-ho.

There was I, all dissapointed on Friday looking at the BBC weather report which was telling me that all the snow was orff in Didders. Boo to the MET office says I, I was looking forward to running while it was snowing, having never done it before. Ah well nevermind, still got to run whatever happens.

Imagine the leaps joy and squeaks happy as I look out the window at 8.30 on Saturday morning and see big lumps of white stuff dropping out of the sky!! w00t!
"Right then missus" says I, "I'm off out for a run then".
Sports pants, skins top, running (not so tight anymore) tights, old cycling top, running jacket, socks and Mizuno Ultima Wave 2's on, and to finish off Specialized Adaptalite sunnies and my silly smurf hat (why oh why did I choose a white one! tit!), not forgetting of course my iphone and CX680 earphones, and off I went out the door.

Normally I would listen to some choonage, but as this was classed as a long run and I was only going steady I thought I'd listen to an audio book instead, Post Captain by Patrick O'Brian, if you're interested. Very nice it was too, and as the whole story is around 12 hours long, it should keep me company on Saturday mornings for quite a while.

The snow was wonderful to run in, - I only slipped a couple of times, and they were both before I started running, - nice and soft and only around an inch deep. That was until I got to Didcot and started the run home. The wind picked up, luckily it was behind me, and so did the snow. It really started to come down hard and heavy. On top of that, it started to compact on the heels of my shoes which made it feel like I was running with a large stone inserted in my shoe.

2 comments:

  1. yup. running in snow. perfect description! Looking forward to running with you in Janathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. I hope it started well for you.

    ReplyDelete