About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Tuesday 28 December 2010

This doesn't look good for the Janathon!

Don't worry, it's not some random pic of me running in or threatening to run in a mankini or anything. I've only gone and got that lurgy thing that is taking people down all over the shop. I had hoped I'd been fit and healthy enough not to get it but I guess I was a teeny bit wrong.
In case you're wondering, no, I'm not laid up doing the whole man-flu thing. I am taking paracetomol and ibuprofen along with buttercup syrup yes, as well as my usual vitamin C & D tablets, but otherwise just getting on with it.
What makes it worse is that I think the boxing day run I went on probably helped to give it the boost it was looking for! Not very nice at all, although it was a beautiful day for running. First half was spent running on the roads rather than the still frozen pavments, and the second half was along a seldom used path behind the power station. The snow here was compacted down a fair bit but it was not the icy death trap that lurketh in Harwell and Didcot. I had no idea that rabbits poo and wee so much! Honestly, there was loads of it all along this path!

Oh yeah, and it's my birthday too!! Double boo.

Not to worry, come hell or highwater I WILL be running on Jan 1st. Not sure if it'll be the planned 10 miler or not but I will be out there. Another chillax of a day tomorrow loading up on pills and cough syrup should see out the worst of it with any luck, then hopefully I'll be out there for a test jog on Thursday or Friday ready for the start of the main event on Saturday.

Whatever happens I'll be back here on Jan 1st with the first of 31 daily reports.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you're over the lurgy soon and good luck for your first run of Janathon!

    ReplyDelete