About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Saturday 1 January 2011

Well here we go then, 1 of 31!

In a little while anyway.

I shall be off out shortly to do my first run of 2011 and my first of the Janathon.
I fear it shall only be a tiddler of around 25 mins - 1 circuit of the village - but this is mainly due to me being bleurgh over the last few days. The half marathon training is on hold for a few more days just yet as I'm pretty sure I'm not upto the times and distances required just yet, but seeing as this whole thing is a run-a-day, catching up missed sessions should be a piece of piddle, I hope!

I'm feeling a lot better now though, but there is still that nasty cough and lack of voice, which is mainly due to the boys playing up I reckon.

1 bit of news though which I am very happy about, wifey is getting addicted to wii fit+, and mostly the running section! She expressed and interest in running the 30th anniversary Oxford Town & Gown this year. This would make me a very happy chappy if she did this. By the way, she is sooo not a runner, although seeing as she's married a Walker she should step it up a bit, eh, eh, EH....... no? Ach well, had to try I suppose.

Anyway, I shall return here shortly with the link to the run and a short little section of blather about it, provided I don't collapse that is.
See you in a bit.
Tinkety Tonk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*French chappies voice from Spongebob Squarepants*
"2 hours later!"

Here you go then, Janathon day 1 ploddage.

Very short run, as I said it would be. Felt ok though, legs felt suprisingly light and bouncy which was nice. And I only started coughing up the ribs once I'd stopped moving.
I expect I'll be hitting the same one tomorrow as I don't want to go potty too soon and overdo it like I have in the past when returning from injury.

So, on that note, see you all again on the morrow.

Toodle pip.

3 comments:

  1. Of all the partcipants in the Janathon you have perhaps the most unique of names! Good luck 1 day done

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice start, and I know what you mean about going potty after an injury. One down...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bury. It's an interesting amalgamation of blah blah blah blah......
    Good luck with the whole month, and everfink there after matey. :-)
    Womble: Injuries are crap. I have started a crappy injuries page on fb if you want to have a rant on there. :-)

    ReplyDelete