About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Saturday 15 January 2011

Bah! and very booo mid point.

I will not quit this Janathon thing no no no.
Come on legs, don't you go and pack up on me now you useless things, grrrr.

I did run today, although not as much as I'd hoped.
I had a 1 hour interval session planned - 30min easy-2min@4.30/1min easy X 5-15min easy. I looked at the weather and my planned route, don't think so old bean, not today. Instead I though I'd just plump for 60 mins@h/m pace which works out to be about 3 laps of the village.

Not happening!

Got out the door, had the choonz in me ear, got to my start point and pressed go on RK.
The first 5 mins were ok, bit tight in the calves and a spot of achey in the shins but I thought I'd run this off.
Hell no!
It just got worse and worse. I managed only 1 miserable mingey lap, by which point I was struggling to keep going. Nah, home boi. Pills (yes, more damned pills!) and bath for you matey.
The hurty shins I shall put down to a combo of all this running AND 2 TT matches on Thursday and Friday. You may not think so but there is a lot of pressure on the shins during a TT match and TT shoes don't offer the most amount of cushioning at all.

There won't be much of a recovery for them though, as I am working tomorrow and there is only 1 way for me to get there, yep, gotta run it. No buses that early on a Sunday and my bike is already at work, and no, neither me or wifey can drive. And to top it all off I have to carry my lunch stuff in with me in my large rucksack. Not sure how much of it will survive being jiggled around on my sweaty back.

Anyway, I'm still going and I shall keep going until I hit the stop and save button on RK on the 31st of Jan. I'm almost resigned to the fact that the 405 is going somewhere else, but bugger it, I'm challenging myself now to finish this as believe or not, I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks peeps,

See you all tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Wish I could help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Pingpong. Today was tough for some reason perhaps because we have just run for the last 15 days! Stick in there

    ReplyDelete