About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Thursday 6 January 2011

Day 6 completed.

Well, what can I say. The only chance I had for a run today was the 3.5 mile trip into work this morning.

Not sure what I was expecting after last nights exer.... ekser.....excer...... run and ping pong, seeing as I had not played for a few weeks, and on top of that, didn't get to sleep till gone 1am, which by the way is a regular occurence for me when I've played TT.
Anyroad, I managed to haul the sweaty carcas I call a body out of the sweet shire of Sleepyland at around 5.45, with a little help from a crying George of course, got my kit on, chucked my bat and TT shoes back in my bag (I keep them at work) and chuffed off out the door about 6.35.

Off I trotted on the usual route to work in this fashion and felt strangely awake and easier in my running than last night, legs weren't too sore or tired, breathing was fine and I had the latest ep of Marathon Talk jabbering away in my ears, which was nice.
Now normally when I run with RK I have the audio cues piping up every 5 mins (on steady runs), but the last couple of days I have decided not to bother with that as I've been listening to audio books or podcasts or similar and the RK lady always starts talking at me in a vital part of the story/cast.
Because I have this turned off at the mo, I have no idea what sort of pace I'm running at, so, as I mentioned in yesterdays blog I was really suprised to find I had averaged a much faster pace than I thought considering how crappy my legs and everything were feeling.
Imagine then if you will, how very miffed I felt when I'd stopped and saved my run, and that effin effer of a woman told me I'd averaged 15 seconds per mile SLOWER when I felt ok, than I did when I felt poo! Grrrr.

Right then, as my legs are starting to seize up a bit, I think I shall just plump for the short run of a lap of the village tomorrow, just to stop them going too tight but also to act as a bit of a recovery for 'em. Back on the half marathon training on Saturday methinks.

T.T.F.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment