About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Sunday 9 January 2011

Eeeek! Nearly forgot to blog.

Nice run today, over 5.5 miles of sunny blueness above and not a breath of wind to push me back.
This was me starting the catch-up on my half marathon training, a nice 45 min run that I did slightly faster than I was supposed to, and I got a shock when the RK lady told me how far I'd run after the 45 mins, so much so I gave a bit of a hoot of laughter and surprise.
"Why did you hoot Stuey old boy?" I hear you exclaim.
Well, when the lady voice said "Total time, 45 minutes, 16 sekinds (she is American by the way and that pronunciation starts to get on your tits after a while), total distance 5.63 miles" I was very surprised, as I'm sure you know 5.63 miles is also almost 10km. Wowee thought I, I nearly hit one of my main running goals without trying, whoop whoop. It wasn't till about a minute a 2 later when it dawned on me that 10km is actually 6.2 miles. Shit, shit, shitter, shit, shitter! I was still half a mile off the 10k mark, and my average pace was 8:02 per mile, therefore it would have taken me another 4 mins to reach that 10k, which in would have made my time slower than my actual P.B. (P.R. for those in Amerca ;-)) of 48:57. Suddenly I was very depressed and deflated after such crushing realisation.
But hold on Walker, why are you now depressed, thinks I to myself, You've almost technically equalled if not beaten your 10k P.B. - AND YOU WEREN'T EVEN TRYING!!!, chin up old fruit, get in shape for the T & G in May and blitz it boii.

I'm suffering a bit now from hurty tendons (they effers behind my right knee) but I really don't want to stop, I'm thinking hit the drugs and keep going, hopefully they will strengthen with the running and get better. I really hope so anyroad.

1 hour interval session planned for the morning, shame I'm going to have to be out and about by 4.45 to get to work for 6.30!!! The phone is back on now though so should get the blog in nice and early.

Nighty night peeps.

1 comment:

  1. seems the day for accidently running a surprise distance! ROCK ON!
    (I did 5k, and was very happily surprised!)

    Sweet Dreams!

    ReplyDelete