About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Monday 17 January 2011

Magic, magic, magic!

Lovely day of running today.
It didn't look to promising when I got out of the pit this morning after nice sleepy morning cuddles with George, the rain was a-bucketing down, which wifey experienced first hand when she took Sammy to school (tee hee).

I had the decency and good manners to wait for wifey's friend to come round before I cleared off out, the girl is a numptie!
Luckily it had pretty much stopped raining when I left the flat with Ross Laidlaw's Attila in me earoles and RK set to 8:24/mile.
Bit toit like a toiger to start with but soon loosened up by the first mile, and under target pace too, which was nice. Plod, plod, plod into, through, round, behind and out of Didders, following the path behind the Power Station and into Sutton Courtenay, along Harwell Road, into Milton Park and back out t'other end and into Milton Village. Ah, I spy daddykins on his way up to Bowls practice, stop for a min to have a chat then on my way again, through Milton Village and right back into Sutton Courtenay, at which very annoying point I had slipped behind my target pace so was trying to catch it back up in the last mile or so when an arsing gert lorry flagged me down to ask for directions to a company that were about 5 miles away. He was a jolly foringer so it took a while but the best I could offer him was a left at the roundabout and into Milton Park, and follow signs for Southmead. I'm not even sure if they are still there!
Anyway, got a shift on for the last little bit and finally stopped the clock outside mummsie's.

Not to shabby if'n I say so me'sen like.  Just outside my target pace but I blame the lorry driver for that. Can I keep that pace going for another 3 miles? I don't know, but that is what the training is for!

I'm not sure what I have planned for tomorrow, aint looked yet, but if nothing else I might kick out a 10k'er on the way to work all bright and early like.

See you all in the future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment