About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Sunday 16 January 2011

The point of no return.

Yep, it's gone. Over the halfway mark now, if I was to quit now I'd be kicking myself up the ring for a very long time. And a seriously well done to everyone still going. (I realise that only about 6 people will read this!)

Not really a great deal of stuff to report on, I think George slept through the night again, result! Could be that the dummy (pacifier) has gone, but I did wake up before my alarm went off at 5.30, with some horrible tickle of a cough, swine thing.
Anyway, up at 5.30, vit pills followed by paracetomol and ibuprofen, then bag packy time. A little tip for you by the way, don't run with a 6-pack of muller yoghurts at the bottom of your rucksack, serious ouchness! and off out the door at 6.15.
Only running to work but it was quite windy, although pleasantly the wind was behind or to the side of me for pretty much the whole run, and I did have quite a heavy bag, so allowed myself 45 mins to get in. As it was I made it in under 35 mins! even though most of it was spent with my thumbs tucked in the shoulder straps army style to try and stop the bag rubbing on my back.
                              The dangers of carrying yohurts with you on a run

One thing I did notice on the way in, I really hope that the shadow I see when a car comes past me does not accurately represent my running style! and hopefully it is just my shadow that runs with a "Dale Winton style" mince.

Anyway, thats my jibber jabber done for the day. 90 mins @ h/m pace tomorrow. I shall report back here again tomorrow to let you know how it goeth.

PPP.

3 comments:

  1. LOL - Dale Winton mince!

    Why do you have all those yogurts in your bag?

    I do find myself looking at my shaddow when the traffic goes past and it makes me stand up straight and stop slouching.

    15 days left! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about the yogurts... I eat a lot of yogurts... but have never managed a whole 6-pack in a day!! I scare myself to death catching sight of myself in windows etc... it's more the wobbling of things that really shouldn't be wobbling though!

    Congrats on getting half way! Good luck for the next! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to take all my food for the week into work in one go if poss, it's just easier, but this week yoghurts was on offer in sainsburys so wifey loaded up. I shall post a pic of the "yoghurt injury" when wifey gets off the wii. You may have to excuse the slight arse cleavage though.

    ReplyDelete