About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Oh my! I'm soooo glad I ran tonight!

Seriously, I really am.

All day long I felt blah and feh and really couldn't be arsed to do a damn thing. I was the grumpiest grump in the whole of Grumpton. My golly gosh, I'm so happy I started running again last year. I didn't exactly get the runners high, but I did get the shivers down the spine and fuzzy feelings.
It was a beauty of a run, nothing spesh about the route at all, I used to ride it twice a day when I lived with the in-laws for a couple of years, I think it was a combo of a lovely clear sky, no wind at all, hardly any aching (yaaay pills) and some old skool (pre 2000) hard house choonz. Shiny run time.
Possibly the only downer on the run was when I was going through Didcot, past the station, 3 yoofs walking towards me, 1 boy and 2 girls, and I was nice and moved onto the road (on-coming traffic side) so that they didn't have to, nice chappie that I am. The cheeky bastid "boy" decided to take the piss out of me. I'm glad I had the choonz in my ear so I couldn't hear what he said, tosser. I'll push the little shite into the road next time he does it, grrrrr.

On top of this, I won all 3 matches at TT tonight, including beat my nemesis Charlie, who previously beat me in the league and in competition, in 5 games BOOOOOOO!
Unfortunately we only managed a draw, which is not going to help our promotion charge at all.

An almost tip top night. Off for cuddles with wifey woo now.

Nighty night.

3 comments:

  1. How long would it take to "paddle" a teenager to submission? Could you be arrested for concealing a TT bat on your person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youths of today - I hate people like that. Some little shite decided he wanted to follow me the other night with all his mates watching, so I dropped teh box and burnt him off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary, there wouldn't be much "paddling" going on, forehand smash across the bridge of the beak with the edge of the bat, believe me, it hurts! Plus, it's £80 worth of bat, I really don't want to break it, and no, I don't think the police could do much about you carrying a tt bat about yourself.
    Mart, nice one! Knowing my luck I'd get the one athlete out of the bunch and he'd kick my arse!

    ReplyDelete