About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Thursday 20 January 2011

Happy jolly. Oh, and 2/3 done!

Nice run this morning, just the steady plod into work at 6.20. Pretty chilly out, little bit icy, but again, no wind or rain which is the most important bit. The moon looked really magical this morning too. Not sure how many of these mornings are going to be left, but I do enjoy them. Here is the linky to it. I know its exactly the same as a few others but it's there and it's proof.

Another bit of very lovely running related news, wifey has joined the running world - huzzah!
This is a major thing for her. She is making a serious effort to get fit and lose weight. I have known her for over 10 (I think!) years and never once has she expressed an interest in running. She is the first to admit that she is not built for running, at school she was a putter of shots, that is how much of a non-runner she is, aside from that, she has had severe asthma problems from a very early age. The one time she had to run at school was on sports day and was pretty much forced into it. It was the 200 meters and she had to be taken to hospital afterwards! That put her off anything faster than an annoyed stomp for a very long time.
But today, after a couple of weeks of Wii fit+ she went out with George in the buggy and the C210K app on her phone and did the running thing.
Do you know what she said?

"I think I might skip straight to week 2 of this thing on Saturday, I was just getting going and I had to stop running and start walking!"

GO CHELLY.......WOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe she will sign up to try the Juneathon, we'll see.

Oh, and I practically got accused of tea-leafing from the garage earlier! I wanted to buy some ginger beer. Obviously it wasn't until I was on my home again that I thought of what to say. Nevermind, that's the Brits for you!

See y'all tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Yaaay! it must be the running bug... good bug... not bad... yes! Juneathon... I might try and get my OH to run it INSTEAD of me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another running addict in the making! Good luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather has been awesome, so beautiful running to work with that moon in the sky.

    Well done to your wife - hope she's enjoying herself!

    @Maggie - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete