About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Janathon Day 25 = Slendertone Day 1.

Plus 1 short sharp bike ride from work, yaaay, the work route again!!

Back on around day 10, I said I couldn't wait to not have to run for a day. I was hoping I would still be fit and to just have a nice fluffy rest day, and also of course for it to be February!

Ah well, musn't dwell on crapness, just got to get on with stuff.

I do have a few things to thank Janathon for, mainly all the nice shiny new chums on Twitter and the realisation that it's not just me that is a massive fan of porridge and jam, woop woop.
One other thing is the shiny new Slendertone System+ Abs belt that I have been sent for nothing!! Freebies are cool! All I have to do is test it on a minimum 28 day trial using a 4 week plan and blog about the results (or lack of). And I shall be including pictures of THE BELLY! This I shall do as of tonight.

Wifey took delivery of the unit this morning, and very kindly plugged it in to charge it up. This is the new unit that uses a rechargable battery unit as opposed to the older style disposable battery and mains powered types. This newer unit also does not require the use of any sort of gels as the pads are covered in a water based non-sticky but very sticky (if you know what I mean) gel. There really is no other way to describe the stuff, and my grasp of English does not allow me come up with the correct word for this goo, though I'm sure there is one.
After reading through the instructions carefully, I pulled out my hair clippers and gave the chesty cakes and tummy area a bit of a trimming. This is in the hope that I would get a better contact, and also to show the results, if there are any, in much better detail. *WARNING* NAKED TUM TUM COMING UP!



Whether trimming the tub will make any difference or not I don't know, but it never hurts to give it a go.

Anyroad, I stuck the pads to the belt in the medium position, there are 3 marks on the belt, small, medium and large, and the 2 smaller oval shaped pads go in these markings, while the larger square pad goes over the big square in the middle of the belt.
After trying the belt on first to make sure I had it in the correct position, I took it off and removed the protective plastic sheets from the "skin" side of the pads. These have to be kept then put back on when you have finished your workout to stop the non sticky sticky goop from drying out.
I then put the belt back round the jelly, hence -

Once I'd got the belt back on, I plugged the program/power unit into the belt, the plug-in unit is tucked away just inside the belt, and switched it on. I went for the intermediate program - the 2nd of the 8 - and turned up the intensity to 40/150. This was comfortable and not to vigorous for my first go. It was 25 minutes of twitchy tummy pleasantness, though tomorrow I think I shall turn the wee fella up to maybe 60 or 70. Afte the 25 mins I got beeped at, and removed the belt, un-plugged the power unit, replaced the pad protectors and put it all away in the tidy little carry bag thingy like a good little boy.

Thanks all for reading, if you're still awake that is.

I shall update again in a weeks time, with more pics, yaaaay.

PPP

1 comment:

  1. Wonder why there's no comments to this entry:)) LOL, sorry Stu;) Great you're back in the saddle, both with the biking and the blogging. Gonna stay on following you and your wifey. Sure it'll be great! Keep up the good work and let wife know I'll be cheering on her.

    ReplyDelete