About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Proper Janathon weather is here!

Wet, windy, raining, pretty chuffing chilly and jolly dark too.

The description of the weather conditions for day 12 of the J-thon as at 5:15 this morning.

What shall I wear for todays run young Stupot, say I to myself?
Hmm, how about a long-sleeve (not-so-compressive) compression top and a pair of shorts that would make Kylie blush?
Yeah, nice one Stuboi, go for it. They wanted hardcoreness, they shall have it!

Off I trotted on the planned 80 min long run with the route all planned out in the freshly shawn skull. This was going to take me straight to work so I didn't need to worry about getting too covered in kak, yay for mud and dirty gert puddles, shame they're so effin cold when you get splashed up your chuff. Brrrrr.
Aside from the horrid weather and darkness, and countless pairs of glowing green eyes watching me from the bushes, it was quite a nice run. My leg felt ok, still a touch of tightness behind the knee, and now the left calf is starting to feel the extra pressure from the rubbishness of my right leg.

Hopefully all will be well for the morrow, when I shall just be doing a short recovery run into Didders from work in the evening. Not sure how much recovery there will be as I shall be running to the Marlborough Club to play TT, should be ok though.

See you all tomorrow, about 11 pm ish.

4 comments:

  1. Looks as if we will have to get used to the rain as the forecast is the same apart from Saturday though to Monday - its just difficult to know what to wear as it has turned mild

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got nearly blown away tonight with the rain and wind!

    Keep stretching to help your legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work on the run... and avoiding those lurking critters in the bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain with the early starts. Good work, and can you send some of that lovely running weather my way?

    ReplyDelete