About Me

My photo
I am a Table Tennis playing, running, married father of 2, and I need somewhere to vent. I have chosen this place!

Monday 10 January 2011

Who needs alarm clocks!

Howdy folks.

We're 1/3 down with 2 to go, and I must say, it's gone by very fast indeed.
Had a tasty little 6.5 mile long interval session this morning at very stupid o'clock - 4.45 in fact.
I actually had my alarm set for 4.15 and went to bed last night at around 10.30 in the vain and stupid hope of getting a good few hours kip in.Waste of time that was!

George, my youngest son is still not sleeping all through the night, maybe once every couple of months he manages it, but other than that, me or wifey can expect to get woken up at least twice a night. We're used to it now so it's not much of a bother to us, not that it isn't welcome he does sleep through mind.
Well, last night was all set to be an all nighter for him, mainly because he didn't go to bed till quite late and he was ultra fagged out.
Guess what? 3.30 am and our bedroom door opens, and sillohetted there like some ghoul from a very bad horror film is the figure of Sammy - my eldest boy. There he was whimpering and sniffing, we thought he'd had a scary dream or wet the bed or something, these things I'm sure know are forgivable in small children.
Do you know what he was crying about?

Because he didn't get a story at bedtime!!!

If he had just accepted the explanation of "you fell asleep before I had a chance to read you one Sammy, and it's too late now", we wouldn't have minded so much, but no, he had to carry on whimpering and crying for another 20 minutes back in his bed, and to top it all off he woke George up, who was in fact a very good little pieface and just laid there waiting for the noise to stop so he could go back to sleep.

Please boys, can we have full kip tonight. Would  be very much appreciated.

It was actually quite a pleasant run, except the point of there being no light what so ever. There was no traffic to block out the sound of choonage, no stupid people (apart from me of course) to get in the way, hardly any wind at all, and best of all, no rain. There was however a sore leg, which was not so pleasant. I'm hoping the liberal scoffage of pills at regular intervals will make it all just go away. The pain I mean, not everything!!

Anyway, I'm offski now to get changed and prepare myself for the very windy ride home.

Ta taa.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is seriously early to do a run! Hope you get some sleep tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you mad! 4:15! Hope you sleep well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed. That's dedication for you (or is it slight madness?!?) for setting the alarm at 4:15 to go for your run!

    Good on you for doing it!!

    Hope you get a good nights' sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete